Tuesday, April 10, 2012

London Baby!!

James and I had a lovely weekend in London.  As you know, he has been there on business for the last month and a half, only coming home on weekends.  We stayed at his sisters house and had the first weekend away together since having Ollie!  That was almost 4 years ago!

I arrived on the Friday and James collected me from Victoria Station.  It felt so strange to be across the water from both my babies but it felt exciting too!  First of all we went back to Sandra's apartment to leave my suitcase off, fix my makeup and run a brush through my hair.... and then we went for dinner!


We went to a place called The Avalon, which is in walking distance from Sandra's apartment.  The restaurant part is very new and the menu looked lovely!  I had an asian duck starter while James had a smoked mackeral salad.  For my main I had a roast hake, chorizo and bean broth with garlic mash.... James had a steak.  We followed our meals with a cheese board, wine, desert wine, beer and one too many cocktails!  I was very drunk!  I honestly haven't been so drunk in years.  After dinner we bought a bottle of fizzy rose wine and headed home to watch a crappy rom com!  We watched 'What's your number?' with Anna Farris in.  I thought it was hilarious.


I woke the next day with one hell of a hangover!  It was insane how ill I felt, even after the long lie-in we had.


We decided to go out and about for a bit of fresh air.  We went to a place called Byron Burger for lunch and I can safely say it was the best burger I have ever had the pleasure of tasting in my entire life!  Coupled with courgette fries, it made for a stunning hangover meal!


After our meal we headed over to The Tate Modern.  That was a long walk!!!  Much longer than I had anticipated and my feet and head were super sore!  The Tate Modern is cool though.... we dandered there and saw some great art.  I saw Roy Lichtenstein's and Andy Warhol's work as well as many others.


When we got home we went for a nap.  That's the sort of thing you can do when you are away on holiday without the kids!!  We slept for a solid 2 hours and woke feeling much much better.  I had already booked tickets to go and see The Hunger Games, so we got ready and off we went.  The cinema in Clapham was so small and cute, I've never seen such a teeny tiny cinema before.  The Hunger Games was awesome, as I knew it would be, but even James who has not read the book agreed it was good too.  We grabbed an Indian takeaway on the way home to fill our empty bellies.

Having not had a drink on Saturday night, we both woke on Sunday feeling much brighter, ready for a lazy day!!  We watched some tv with Sandra in the morning and then I went off to have a full body massage!  It was heavenly.  The person who did it was amazing and I spent the entire hour in bliss!  The last time I had a massage was at my hen do!  I think after the weeks of coping on my own without James being there, I was well in need of one.

After the massage we looked at a couple of shops and James bought me a super cute bracelet and necklace from Oliver Bonas.  It is the tiniest, cutest pendant I've ever owned.  There is a tiny tiny gold heart on a silver chain and the heart is no bigger than 4mm!  The bracelet has 3 even tinier little hearts on it.

James, Sandra and I went to a place called The Grove, for some drinks and a spot of lunch.  We shared devilled whitebait, a greek platter and a beetroot and goats cheese salad.  We had a lovely time there but glass of wine and a couple of bloody marys later, I was tipsy and ready to go home and relax!

We spent the rest of the day chilling out, watching tv and chatting in our pjs.  The night was finished off with a humongous chinese takeaway!

I went home on Monday morning.  James dropped me at the station and off I went.

It was so so so good to get my boys back.  Nate had definitely changed a little.... and Ollie seemed bigger.  It will be a while before I go away for 3 nights without them again!  I didn't realise until I got home how much I missed them.  The break was SO good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment