Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ollie is really enjoying pre-school!!



Ollie has been at pre-school now for almost a fortnight (although has spent the last 3 days at home with a chest infection though) and so far so good.  He loves it!  We haven't had any tears at all at drop off.  When I leave him off he runs into the classroom with hardly a glance back at me.  I have to REMIND him to give me a kiss!!!


His first day was a success though when I went to pick him up he had just fallen asleep on his teachers lap.


His class is quite small and he has 2 teachers, Laura and Stephanie.  They're both lovely!  He is learning the names of the other children and there are already a couple of names he mentions daily.  I love that he is making friends!


There is a boy in his class who is also called Ollie and I have been getting to know his mum a little bit.  She is also pregnant and is just a week or so behind us!  It would be lovely if our boys got to know each other a bit better and we could have play dates!


I have to say he sleeps a lot better now that he has started school!  It really tires him out and he is going to bed with hardly any fuss at all.  Previous to starting school it would have taken about 45 minutes to an hour to get him to settle.


He has started bringing artwork home and so far he has drawn 4 train tracks and 2 climbing frames!  He hasn't painted anything yet.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad to hear it is going so well! Elliot will start next fall, and I'm already nervous about it. :)

    ReplyDelete