Tuesday, August 30, 2011

18 Weeks Pregnant!

(posting this 4 days late eek!)
I am now just 2 weeks away form being HALFWAY through this pregnancy.  I am pleased with how everything has been going... I haven't had too many worries and haven't had any problems so far.


Apparently the baby is now 12-15cm from head to bum and he weighs 190g and his ears are in the position they will be in when he is born.  He sucks his thumb, rolls around, reaches and kicks..... oh boy does he kick!?

I mentioned that I had felt movements from outside my bump (I can feel them with my hand on my belly)... but James still has not felt them.  It is frustrating because any time I lie flat and I feel a kick on my hand I get James to rush over.... but baby boy stops right away.  Movements are huge now.  I love the feeling.

As you know we found out this baby is a boy.... the scan was so much fun.  I took my mum with me and I guessed what he was before the sonographer told us!  It was very obvious.  As soon as she confirmed that baby is a boy.... everything felt so perfect.  I can't wait to have 2 brothers.  Ollie is going to love it too and we are going to have them share a bedroom when baby is a little bit older.

We are finding it hard to think of a name for this little man.  Nothing just clicks and I really think you know when you have the right name, because it clicks.

How far along? 18 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: 0lbs.
Sleep: Pregnancy insomnia. Boo.
Food cravings: Fruit juice, Indian food, sushi, cheese with tomatoes and crackers, salty things!
Best moment this week: Finding out that the baby I'm carrying is a boy!!
Movement: Lots of movement and the kicks are stronger now!
Gender: BOY!
Stretchies: A couple around my belly button....
Belly Button in or out? Out!
What I miss: Iced coffee, brie, goats cheese.
What I am looking forward to: Our next scan in a fortnight!
Symptoms: Sore hips, sore back, tiredness and insomnia!
Milestones:
Weekly wisdom: I have none!
Emotions: In love!!  I am over the moon that I am having another boy.  TWO boys for me... eek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment