Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ollie's Preschool Visit!

I completely forgot to post all about Ollie's school visit.  He went to visit his new school a few weeks ago in June.  The kids got to visit the school, meet their classmates and meet their teachers so that there is some familiarity when they start in September.  James and I had already been to the parents meeting to gather the information about curriculum, uniform etc.


So, in September he will be starting preschool here everyday from 12.30 until 3!  HOW EXCITING!  The building nursery is set in is so cute, very colourful and fun!  They each have their own coat peg and a photo of them with their name above the peg.  They each also have a little box to put crafts, paintings, worksheets in.


Ollie loved his visit.  He was very chatty with the other kids and had fun playing with all of the toys there.  They have a shop corner, LOTS of building bricks, playdoh, a messy craft area, a sand and water table..... and TINY toilets.  They have a small covered playground (so even if it is raining they can go out to play), a climbing frame, a ball run, 

I had a chance to chat to his teachers and I feel very comfortable now with leaving him there.  They seem friendly (but firm!) and I think he will really enjoy himself there!  He didn't really want to leave when it was time to go!

I'm nervous now though!  

We still have to go and get his school uniform.... I can't wait to see him in it!

* the photos are off the website!

1 comment:

  1. I've got two starting preschool in September also...so excited! They go from 9-12. My daughter is 4 and my son is 2, but he'll be 3 in time to being the year. I'm so happy they can both go together.

    ReplyDelete