Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ollie's new shoes!

I got Ollie his first pair of walking shoes on Friday. I took him to Clarks who have different baby ranges. They have a range for crawlers (but I'm not sure why they need shoes), cruisers (which are proper shoes but the soles are sort of squishy) and walkers! They won't sell walkers to you unless your toddler is walking the length of a room (WHOOP!). Aren't they cute! It means we can do more walking outside. He seems to like them too and they seem to be more comfortable than his cruisers. He is finding it more difficult to walk in shoes though than his bare feet, but he is doing really well.



He really is growing up now. He understands so much more and is better at communicating to me what he wants even though he doesn't know the words yet.

Ollie stayed at his Nanny's house last night and were picking him up at about 2pm today, so James and I are just about to go for a yummy lunch out!

16 comments:

  1. They are so cute!! Wait till he starts running. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute!! Wait till he starts running. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! I never thought to look at Clark's.

    ...stopping by from SITS...

    Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

    pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarks is totally the place for first shoes!!
    I cant wait til that day we go in there and buy some walkers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I can't wait to buy my twins some walkers!

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Emma, Following you here as well...

    Oh, how adorable! My twenty month old is all over the place! He started walking right before his 1st birthday!

    His dad buys all his shoes and all he ever gets are Nike's & Jordan's! I can't do it. I don't see the purpose in paying all that money for a shoe he's going to grow out of in no time! Some "MEN" I tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopping by from SITS to say hi! I love your blog! your son is such a cutie, good luck with all of your 101 things! wow thats alot but such a great idea to keep track of goals:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute shoes... and fit for a boy who wants to run around.

    Just stopping by from SITS to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baby shoes make me weep they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute! They do grow up so fast. I'm still trying to figure out how my girl got so big and all grown up! lol Enjoy him while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they have shoes for crawlers cos they have rubber pads on the toes to help the toddler crawl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi from sist! i like your blog very much!
    wish you a great day!
    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kids are now 10 and 13. I remember the first pair of "big kid" shoes! Super cute! Love your blog. So glad I stopped by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love Clarks!!! Stopping by from SITS...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete