Thursday, September 24, 2009

Not a baby anymore!

Ollie had his 15 month assessment on Tuesday and it went really well!! The health visitor was really impressed with his progress! I was able to answer yes to every single question she asked about his development. I'm so proud of him. He is walking, has 13 shiny white teeth, is not a fussy eater, has about 12 or 13 words, 80cm tall and weighs 22lbs! He is no longer a little baby... he is a little boy now and it is just amazing!

The bad part of the appointment was his jabs. He had to have the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine and one against meningitis. Two big jabs, one in either of his little boy legs. It was awful. Because he is older and stronger now, he didn't want to sit on my knee with me holding his arms by his sides. It made me upset. Luckily now he doesn't have to have another injection until his school boosters, when he is 4. (I've told James, he can take him for those.)

On Wednesday we tried out a new mother and baby group. It was FAB! Much better than the Friday one I go to. It was a lot less rough, there was a lot more room and better toys! We will definitely be going again!

Ollie is walking now about 90% of the time. I love it. He walks so carefully and with a massive cheesy grin on his face. He is also getting better at walking in his shoes. There are so many cute things about him at the minute...

13 comments:

  1. great dr visit! Glad all is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved well-child visits. It's like taking a test and making a 100. I am so goal oriented! BTW, I never put shoes on my boys unless they had to go outside. They walked at 10 months, except the last one who slept on his back due to dr. recommendation. I think that's why he didn't walk until he was a year. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! He's so cute!


    Congrats on being the first sits commenter today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings & Salutations! Glad everything turned out OK...

    Cookin' up a real spicy day over at my place. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did. Happy Monday!

    Deal Me In: Texas Hold 'Em Jambalaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your big boy! Every day is a new adventure... enjoy:-)

    Just stopping by from SITS...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those jabs scare me too. It's definitely a day when Daddy's are needed at the Dr.'soffice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from SITS and congrats on being #1 today! Yes Dr. visits and "the jabs" are the pits. I made a deal with Daddy though. I do dr visits, and he gets all the DENTAL visits when they get older.
    I think I got the better end of the deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. visiting from SITS!!

    your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They grow up so fast!!!!

    Visiting from SITS. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blog, beautiful family! Stopping by from SITS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww wow thats so great he is doing so well!!! and 13 words is awesome at 15 months! I feel like a 15 month old would only know how to say like mamma and dadda lol:) you have a smart little on there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great that your doctor visit went well. I like the design of your blog and enjoyed reading your blog post.

    Stopping by from SITS

    http://fabulousgccandles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you through SITS and enjoy reading your posts on your precious little guy! So glad the checkup went well!

    ReplyDelete