Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stupid rain ruining our plans!

There is a lovely park near our house called Lady Dixon Park. Every year for week in July they have Rose Week. I have never been so was really looking forward to going to see it today.

Things started to go downhill when Ollie's back molar, which is nearly through, started to bother him a lot. He was getting very upset. James announced he had a really bad headache and then my camera went missing! I really wanted to take photos of all the fabulous roses.... so I got grumpy.

Anyway we packed a picnic and off we went to meet a couple of friends!

As soon as we put the blankets out on the ground the rain started but because we were sitting under trees we thought it would be ok, but the rain just got heavier and heavier until we all gave in and had to leave.

Boo.

We have no plans tonight so I think I will have a big bubble bath and then use the foot spa I got for my birthday to cheer myself up.

3 comments:

  1. sounds relaxing- have a great evening and thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now making it to your blog! Thanks for the sweet comments! Happy belated birthday! It looks like you had lots of fun! Sorry the rain had bad timing today...

    You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, what a rough day. :( I hope tomorrow turns out to be a great day for you and your family.

    from SITS :D

    ReplyDelete