Sunday, January 20, 2008

A little scare...

Over the next few days I did a few more tests just to make sure and each test I did, the line got darker and darker.

My booking letter came from the National Maternity Hospital in Holles Street. The hospital is only about a 15 minute walk from the house so when the time comes it will be reassuring being so close. The booking letter said that my first appointment would be on 20th December when I would be 14 and a half weeks. Originally I had assumed that I would be given a dating scan, the same as they do in the north, at 12 weeks but found out that down here most hospitals will not give you a scan until you are between 18 and 20 weeks. James and I decided we would pay privately for an 8 week scan as I am such a worrier and have the patience of a small child.

However, it turned out that we needed to have a 6 week scan at the hospital due to a tiny bleed. I called the Early Pregnancy Unit in Holles Street and the midwife there booked me in for a scan the following week. The woman did not sound concerned so this reassured me a little.
It is so hard not to worry in the early stages of pregnancy because apart from symptoms you cannot yet feel the baby move and you have no bump. I also did not have any symptoms. Nausea lasted all of a week and a half and apart from that... nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment